Monday, July 13, 2015

Welcome to Muddy Little Toes

my kids cry sometimes 
My name is Becky and I love writing, adventuring, and being a mom. For a long time, I struggled with being a stay-at-home mom because I didn't think it was for me, even though I felt strongly that the home was where I needed to be. Perhaps the term "stay-at-home" was tricking me into thinking I had to stay at home to be a good mom, but what I've come to learn over my short three years of mothering is that I don't have to stay at home at all.

I love to be outdoors, try new things, and exercise (even just walking). When I had an office job, I would long to be outside for hours at a time, wishing I could be by the pool or on a hike or even just on a road trip. What I didn't realize when I became a stay-at-home mom (if that's what we have to call it), was that I actually had the freedom to do all of those things! Yes, I would have to take my kids with me, but it turns out, they only make things better.

Don't get me wrong, being a stay-at-home parent is not easy. It doesn't mean laying out by the pool and doing whatever you want. In fact, when I go to the pool, most of my time is spent monitoring my fearless 18-month-old so that he doesn't jump in the deep end and making sure my three-year-old is being nice to the other kids. I always end up way more exhausted than when I got there. But! I'm still at the pool. I'm still outside. And that is what I love about being a "stay-at-home" mom. I don't have to stay at home (unless it's naptime--then it's lockdown--for real). Plus, bonus! When we get out of the house, the littles go to sleep faster and sleep better because they've been using up all that energy during the day.

Because I have such an itch to be out and about, I am constantly trying to find fun things for me and my kids to do. It can be tricky, especially when you move to a new place or you've done everything (or so you think) already where you live. My best resource has been other people's posts about things that they do and so I thought I could be helpful and post the things that we do.

When you're not a homebody but you are a stay-at-home parent, the struggle is real. Even if you work, time at home with the kids can drag if you don't have activities to do every once in a while. So follow along on our adventures and let me help you get your little ones a little more muddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment