Monday, July 20, 2015

Saturday Stroll to Bridal Veil Falls

My kids needed to get some wiggles out before nap time on Saturday so went drove up Provo Canyon and took the trail to Bridal Veil Falls! This is a popular one, but there's a reason for that. It's gorgeous and just a short, shady walk. The trail is paved, so we brought our stroller just in case. And I'm glad we did because it was just me and the boys and I wasn't about to carry them!

Even if you don't live in Utah, picking a popular, paved trail like this is perfect for a quick trip, especially if it's just mom and the kids! I hesitate to do a lot of hikes with the boys alone for safety reasons, but a popular trail that's relatively safe is perfect when it's just me!

Location: 3 miles from the mouth of Provo Canyon on the right (same exit as Nunns Park)
Kid-Friendly: Yes!
Baby-Friendly: Yes!
Toddler-Friendly: Absolutely!
Stroller-Friendly: YES!
Distance: about .5 miles

You can actually get to Bridal Veil Falls from a few different locations, but the easiest route is right across the street from Nunns Park. The parking lot here is often full, but don't worry! You can park on the dirt right across the road from the parking lot, or go across that road even further to Nunns Park and there is a little parking lot ready and waiting for your use. That's the one we used this time.

My son, Lincoln, is really into bridges for some reason, so we had to stop for a few minutes and check out this bridge along the trail. I didn't mind because the view of the Provo River over the side was beautiful!



When we got to the falls, they were absolutely gorgeous and there were tons of kids playing in the water. My boys and I found a more shallow spot to the right of the falls and sat down to throw rocks in the water. Lincoln and Emmett are OBSESSED with throwing rocks into water. I think it's because my husband taught them to do it and they think he's the coolest ever. And he is.

Anyway, after we'd had our fill of rock throwing, we headed back. On the way, my son Lincoln suggested that we bring food next time and have a picnic. He's only three, but he's got some great ideas sometimes! This would be the perfect place to enjoy a picnic. There are picnic tables at Bridal Veil Falls Park and it's just on the way back from seeing the falls (or on the way there). I love Provo Canyon with all my heart and this is one of the highlights for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment