Saturday, July 25, 2015

Free Things To Do With Kids: Visit the Capitol Building

This one is even educational, guys. I'm getting ambitious. Well, it wasn't that educational for my baby children, but it definitely could have been more educational if they were a bit older. Also, if I knew more about government...

Anyway, we actually don't live that close to our current state capitol. It's about an hour away, but Quinn (the hubby) had a massage appointment downtown so we drove him up and visited the capitol building while we waited! I don't know about your state capitol building, but the one in Salem, OR was gorgeous and so is the one here in Salt Lake City, UT! You can walk the grounds, go inside, and they even offer tours.

When we went, the place was crawling with tourists, so I got out my camera and became one of them! When in Rome, right? The boys had a lot of fun walking the grounds and looking at all the beautiful paintings. It was the perfect way to spend an hour, but we could easily have spent more time there.


We all felt like Rocky after climbing the stairs up to the front door. Or at least my kids would have felt that way if they knew who Rocky was.

No comments:

Post a Comment