Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Sauteed Onion Bean Dip


This oh-so-delicious bean dip is super easy and every single member of my family loves it! That's right--even the three-year-old.

Start with a layer of beans. I don't spray my pan because that makes it harder to spread the beans, but if you want to, it won't hurt.



Next comes the layer of enchilada sauce. I'm not picky with enchilada sauce, but use your favorite!


I am picky about my onions. I like 'em nice and soft. Cook them to your preference, but I always borderline burn mine.


I'm also obsessed with olives! I just throw them on the cutting board and chop them like crazy. I used to slice each individual one until I realized it tastes the same and doesn't look much worse to just go to town and chop 'em up. If you're not an olive fan, omit them or use about half the can instead of the whole can.


 After the enchilada sauce layer comes the cheese layer, followed by the sauteed onions and the olives.


Then throw it in the oven for about 17 minutes and voila! The most delicious bean dip you'll ever have!

Ingredients

1 (15 oz.) can refried beans
1 C enchilada sauce
1 1/2 C shredded queso Oaxaca (or mozzarella cheese)
1 (15 oz.) can black olives
1/4 C diced onion
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t chili powder
1/4 t salt
1 T olive oil
Tortilla Chips
Sour Cream

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Spread the can of beans on the bottom of a 9" x 9" or 7" x 11" baking dish. Layer with enchilada sauce. Then layer with cheese.
3.  Saute onions in olive oil until transparent. Add cumin, chili powder, and salt for the last minute or so.
4. Layer dip with onions and olives and bake for 15-20 min. at 425 degrees.
5. Serve with chips and sour cream and enjoy!

2 comments: