Saturday, October 17, 2015

Children's Book of the Week: "How Do Dinosaurs" Books



How Do Dinosaurs Clean Their Rooms?
by Jane Yolen & Mark Teague
Lincoln's Pick (my three-year-old)

Why He Loves It: He loves to see the different dinosaurs and learn what they are called (each picture of a dinosaur has its name next to it). He also loves to see how the dinosaurs do things, which is the point!

Why I Love It: I love the illustrations and that my kids are not only seeing cool pictures of dinosaurs, but they're learning what the different dinosaurs are called. They also learn valuable lessons about how to do things, like cleaning, staying safe, and saying "I love you."

This is the only one of the books from this series that we own, but I wish we had all of them! They are frequently borrowed from the library and we love reading them! We currently are reading How Do Dinosaurs Stay Safe? These books are fantastically illustrated and they make learning how to do things so fun for the kids! 

The picture I've used is a totally beat up copy of How Do Dinosaurs Clean Their Rooms? It was gifted to me at a baby shower when I was pregnant with my first son and the woman who gave it to me had three boys, I think it was. She said they all loved it and my boys love it too! 

I definitely recommend this one for boys, but there's no reason why girls wouldn't love it too. They are double awesome because the kids love them and they teach how to do things properly, without being too preachy or boring. Check them out! They will definitely be at the local library, but I would absolutely recommend buying them because they will be read over and over again and become a loved part of your at-home collection.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment