Saturday, October 10, 2015

Children's Book of the Week: Zoomer by Ned Young

Zoomer
by Ned Young
Makadie's Pick (my 3 year old)

Why she loves it: She thinks it is funny and makes her laugh.

Why I love it: The illustrations are so fun and tell more about the story than just reading the words.

When Hooper, Cooper and Zoomer, three brothers who also happen to be dogs, wake up in the morning, their dad tells them to get ready for school.  The twins,  Hooper and Cooper, start with their morning routine.  Zoomer, on the other hand, declares he isn't going to school and proceeds to build a giant brontosaurus in the sandbox, launch a rocket and attempt to break a world record.  The illustrations in this book, also done by the author, are so fun to look at and my daughter loves pointing out the silly things Zoomer is doing.  My son is entertained by the pictures as well, which are bright and engaging.  There is a funny surprise ending that my daughter laughs at every time and I'm sure your kids will too.



Post by Shani Ogden

No comments:

Post a Comment