Saturday, August 29, 2015

Children's Book of the Week: First 100 Words Board Book

First 100 Words Board Book 
by Roger Priddy
Emmett's Pick (my one year old)

Why he loves it: The colors and pictures

Why I love it: He's learning words and loving to read

This book is only $3.30 on Amazon and I have Amazon Prime, so the shipping was free for me! I was shopping for a birthday gift on Amazon and came across this book. I thought, "Emmett might like this," and since it was so cheap, I bought it. It has been his favorite book ever since. He loves pointing at the animals and objects and hearing me tell him what they are. We go back and forth. Sometimes I point and he says the word. Sometimes the other way around. And sometimes I ask him to find things or make animals sounds. 

Ever since we got this book, Emmett always reaches for it and brings it to me to read with him. And it started him really enjoying reading other books as well. Before we got this book, he wasn't really interested in reading, but this was on his level and it was fun for him so it gave him more patience with other books. I was really surprised how much he loved this book, but I'm so glad I forked out the three bucks and got it! He especially loved the farm animals page. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment