Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Butterscotch and Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

I know this is going to sound strange to 90% of you, but I don't really care for chocolate. I mean, mix with something, it's okay, but I would never really enjoy just sitting down and devouring a ton of chocolate. So as you can imagine, I'm not a huge fan of chocolate chip cookies. But I feel like chocolate chip cookies should be a staple in any home, so I came up with a different way to make them. I mix the chips. So, I get a bag of either semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips and a bag of butterscotch chips and I mix them. The reason I don't do just butterscotch is because I think that tastes too sweet. The mixing of the chips has saved chocolate chip cookies for me, and my family and friends love them too!


Add that to the best chocolate chip cookie recipe that I've ever found (Thanks, Miss Kay and Betty Crocker!), and you get the perfect sort-of-chocolate-chip cookie.

(Click "Read more.." for the recipe!)

Ingredients:

2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
1 large egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate (or semi-sweet) chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

Directions:

1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat butter, sugars, and egg until creamy.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture and stir in (the dough will be stiff). By hand, stir in the chocolate and butterscotch chips. 
4. Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until light brown (the centers will still be soft).
6. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets. Remove from the cookie sheets to cooling racks or a platter for serving.

Recipe adapted from Miss Kay's Duck Commander Kitchen. 

1 comment: